Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ugly Bugs

Ugly Bug Crawl - Pestival Walk


There is a snippet of a song I've never heard by Burl Ives. (To be honest, there aren't many songs I HAVE heard by Burl Ives.) Additionally, there is a guy talking with a British accent. I don't know what this is, but I'm resuming my role as interrupter of your regularly-scheduled-Fanch-actually-tries-to-post-things-people-enjoy-reading apostrophe. There was a time when I was something more than a thorn in the side of the salamander, but honestly I can't remember when that time was, or what, exactly, I was at that time.



There are two episodes of the Twilight Zone that mention Major Bowes, who hosted a radio talent show program in the 1930s and 1940s. One is Static, absolutely one of the best episodes of the show. The other... you'll have to figure it out for yourself. You can listen to part of an episode from September 21, 1939 here. Brought to you by Plymouth. When you see that car I know you, too, will say, "superb."

There's a guy talking about a purse.

Finally, for me, today, there's Pee Bug.


What this reminds me of is every kind of thing I try to find so that I can post here. You know, half-almost-tuned acoustic guitars, inane lyrics, audio manipulation. It says the album's been downloaded 24,256 times. Clearly somebody knows how something works.

Okay, I'll return you to your Fanch, with something thought-out and interesting. See you about this time next summer.

(it worries me that pee-bug might be already a thing that someone has talked about on here.)

Turns out this is an UPDATE. I posted about this pee bug thing in may, 2011, when it had 17,000+ downloads. Hope you enjoy it all over again! My son is asking me to turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment