Something called Soundgrabs over at archive.org led me to Derek Bacon's Soundgrabs page. Lots of captured audio categorized by subject - Water & Weather, Found music, Laughter, etc. A really nice collection, and the simple interface lets you stream them simultaneously. One of the collections is "Words & situations," the kind of thing I'm always interested in hearing. Snippets of conversations. I'm listening to it right alongside "The home," which is sounds made from objects around a home.
As I (sort of) stated, he's also made all of the collections available at archive.org. This really inspires me to get the minidisc recorder out and do some of the things I used to do.
Mind Enterprises at Thalia Hall | An Onslaught of Italian Disco
-
A desk filled with cables, drum machines, and a bottle of Campari was all
Italian disco duo Mind Enterprises needed to transport the crowd at
Chicago’s T...
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment